Account planners are strategists that work for advertising agencies. These bold, curious thinkers develop the strategy of ad campaigns. The account planning process is part-science, part-soul. It’s fueled by imagination, inspiration and cultural understanding. Using data, research, and creativity, planners come up with the strategy that inspires a creative campaign idea, in the form of a creative brief. Creative brief writing is the most important skill for planners and it requires practice. In this 6 week mentoring program, you will work on 3 creative briefs in a fun, hands-on format with a world-renowned planning expert. Cool projects for your portfolio and the feedback you need to get better each week.
- Acquire skills - we’ll teach you planning fundamentals with simple lessons and fun exercises
- Work on cool projects - start practicing your skills immediately with hands-on projects
- Learn by doing - complete 3 creative briefs with mentor feedback
- Gain insights - real-world creatives will develop ideas from your brief
- Planner hacks - your mentor will share secret planning techniques you can’t find online
- Collaborate and connect - bond with like-minded, ambitious peers in an intimate social setting
Mike Chatfield is a world-reknowned strategy expert, international speaker and educator. He has taught account planning all over the globe and his former students now work at some of the best agencies in the world. Mike has a fun, engaging and creative approach to teaching. You will have full access to Mike for 6 weeks in the Account Planning Bootcamp. His assignments will challenge you. His lectures will leave you energized. His feedback will motivate you to become better. Check out his professional bio here.
Part-time program with about 10-15 total hours per week required
Meet 3 times per week and you will have assignments to complete on your own
Keep your current job, you will look forward to your new night hustle
Add this as an extra "course" to your semester’s course load (it’ll become your favorite)